Election Information - November 4, 2014
Mayor and City Council - Election of Officers and City Measure
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a General Municipal Election will be held in the City of Grover Beach on Tuesday, November 4, 2014 for the following officers and City ballot measure:
| For Mayor
|| Full term of two (2) years
| For two (2) Members of the City Council
|| Full term of four (4) years
The City ballot measure to be voted on is as follows:
| City of Grover Beach
|GROVER BEACH STREET REHABILITATION; SAFETY IMPROVEMENT BOND MEASURE:
To rehabilitate/resurface deteriorating residential and major streets to improve drivability; maintain emergency response times; enhance safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, drivers, neighborhood school crosswalks; and promote economic/job growth; shall the City incrementally issue up to $48,000,000 of bonds at tax-exempt interest rates, requiring funds go directly into the Street Construction Designated Fund with all funds used exclusively for Grover Beach streets; subject to independent audits/citizens’ oversight committee?
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that if no one or only one person is nominated for an elective office, appointment to the elective office may be made as prescribed by Section 10229 of the Elections Code of the State of California.
The polls will be open between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Candidates Running for Elective Office
(listed in alphabetical order)
- For the Office of Mayor: (vote for one)
John P. Shoals
City of Grover Beach - Measure K-14
- For the Office of Council Member: (vote for two)
Voter Information - Registration, Vote-by-mail, Polling Location
- Resolution No. 14-49 - Determining public interest and necessity to finance street improvements through general obligation bonds
- Ordinance No. 14-05 - Ordering the placement of a City measure on the November 4, 2014 ballot
for the specific purpose of issuing bonds for street improvements
To be eligible to vote for candidates and measures on the November 4, 2014 ballot, you must be registered to vote by no later than Monday, October 20, 2014. For more information regarding voter registration or to obtain a vote-by-mail ballot, please visit the San Luis Obispo County Clerk-Recorder's Office
or call (805) 781-5228. For additional voter information, visit the Office of the Secretary of State
To find the polling place to cast your ballot in San Luis Obispo County: Polling Place Look up
Additional Election Information and Resources
- Fair Political Practices Commission: The Technical Assistance Division provides telephone assistance concerning campaign filing requirements and conflicts of interest.
Secretary of State: The Elections Division has a wide variety of responsibilities in administering elections in California.
- Smart Voter: An online resource that provides nonpartisan information regarding elections and voting.
- California Easy Voter Guide: Provides new voters and busy voters with nonpartisan information for statewide elections in California.