Water Conservation Programs
City of Grover Beach
DECLARES A STAGE 3 WATER SHORTAGE CONDITION
IN ACCORDANCE WITH CALIFORNIA WATER CODE SECTION 350 AND GROVER BEACH MUNICIPAL CODE SECTION 7234
On Monday, September 26, 2022, the Grover Beach City Council adopted Resolution 22-40 declaring a Stage 3 Water Shortage condition. This action assigns a monthly baseline amount of water (water budget) for all residential customers, requires a 20% reduction of water consumption based on the established baseline and issues mandatory citywide prohibitions on water wasting.
Your household's baseline water use, or "water budget" is established using your water consumption from May 2020 to April 2021. Every residential water customer is required to reduce their "water budget" by 20%.
If the circumstances within your household have changed since the baseline year, your “water budget” may be modified. Circumstances could include: your home being vacant during a portion of the baseline year; substantial changes in the number of persons residing in your residence has occurred; or you have special circumstances affecting your water use. If any of these situations pertain to your household, please complete and return the Water Budget Increase Request form, via email, to email@example.com.
If you have any additional questions regarding the Stage 3 Declaration, please contact the Public Works Administrative office at 805-473-4530.
Water Conservation Programs
The City of Grover Beach continues to encourage our citizens to be good stewards of all of our natural resources. The conservation tips provided in the links below, as well as the available City-sponsored programs will assist you and your family in reaching the required water conservation goals.
For More Water Conservation Tips
- Learn how to read a water meter (PDF) to better monitor your household’s use;
- Calculate How Much Water Do I Use and learn simple water and energy conservation tips;
- Visit the Save Our Water website;
- Read the list of 24 Ways You Can Do Your Part to Help Conserve Our Water (PDF);
- See the list of Water Conserving Fixtures and Appliances (PDF); or
- Check out the additional resources for conserving water.
Available City-sponsored Programs
The following programs are available through the City of Grover Beach to help you conserve water: Rebate Programs
- Cash for Grass Rebate Program Terms and Conditions (PDF) | Application (PDF)
- Smart Irrigation Controller and Sensor Rebate Program Terms and Conditions (PDF) | Application (PDF)
- Toilet Fixtures, Showerheads, and Aerators Retrofit Rebate Program
Terms and Conditions (PDF) | Application (PDF) | Post Installation Verification (PDF)
- Washing Machine Rebate Program Terms and Conditions (PDF) | Application (PDF)
Report Broken Sprinklers
Please help us to conserve water by identifying any broken sprinklers within the City. Including City parks, landscaped medians, including overflowing or ponding water in streets from City irrigation systems, and even on private property. Simply email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Every time you let us know about broken sprinklers or irrigation issues, you help save water from being wasted. If we all work together to conserve water, we can make a big difference in preserving this valuable natural resource.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact the Public Works Department at (805) 473-4530.
Navigate Quickly & Easily
City Help Center