The City of Grover Beach is a non-entitlement community, eligible to competitively apply for U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds administered by the State of California Housing and Community Development (HCD) Department. The grant funds programs and projects benefiting very-low, low- and moderate-income persons/households in the city.
CDBG program funds may be used for the following types of projects:
- Public Improvements - water and sewer facilities, flood and drainage facilities, accessibility-related street improvements (curb, gutter and sidewalk), and utilities. Street repair is not an eligible project.
- Public Facility - acquisition, rehabilitation or new construction of buildings used for public purposes such as training, health services, education, recreation, nutrition, shelter, day care, temporary housing and fire protection.
- Project Predevelopment - preparation of plans for a public improvement or public facility project.
- Public Service - child care, health care, recreation programs, fair housing counseling, drug and alcohol abuse counseling and testing, homeless services, senior services, and nutrition services benefiting low and moderate income persons.
- Planning and Technical Assistance - studies, analysis, data gathering.
- Housing Activities:
- Housing Rehabilitation or Homeownership Assistance Programs for sites with four or less units.
- Housing Rehabilitation and or Acquisition for Multi-family Sites - Five or More Units.
- Business Assistance & Micro-enterprise Assistance - business training, financing of working capital, furniture, equipment, and property repairs/improvements.
The City is eligible to apply for CDBG funds pursuant to the Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) published by HCD. Please see the side bar for links to the specific funding cycles under which the City applied.
For additional information, please contact Janet Reese, Associate Planner at (805) 473-4524.
Navigate Quickly & Easily
City Help Center