Utility Services


To our water customers: Due to unforeseeable circumstances, there has been a slight delay with the processing of the utility bills. We are working diligently to resolve this. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Open a Utility Account

To open a new utility account in Grover Beach, please come to City Hall to complete and sign an application form for water service - Water and Sewer Service Application Form (PDF)

  • For property owners: Please bring proof of ownership.  If you are faxing or mailing your application for water and sewer service, please attach a copy of proof ownership.
  • For tenants: Please bring a copy of your rental agreement. If you are faxing or mailing your application for water and sewer service, please attach a copy of your rental agreement. A tenant deposit as set forth in the Master Fee Schedule (PDF) must also be paid at the time of application. Payment must be made by check, cash, or money order. This is held by the City and applied to your closing bill when you close your account.
  • Close a Utility Account:  To close a utility account, please come into City Hall to complete the Water and Sewer Cancellation Request Form (PDF), or you may download the form and email back to cityhall@groverbeach.org.

All new accounts will be charged a one-time charge as set forth in the Master Fee Schedule (PDF) for setting up your account. As a new "Water & Wastewater Customer", this charge will be billed to your utility account.

Set Up Auto Pay for Utility Bill

If you would like to sign up for automatic withdrawals from your savings or checking account for your water and sewer utility bill payments, please submit a completed Auto Pay Application Form (PDF) to:
City of Grover Beach
154 S. Eighth Street
Grover Beach, CA 93433

Requesting to Cancel Auto Pay

You must provide a written notice at least 30 days in advance to terminate the auto pay service for your utility bills.

Pay or View Your Utility Bill Online

You may pay your utility bill online by using a credit card or sign up to receive an email notification when your statement is ready to view online. To learn more, please see Online Payments.

CAP Program

“THE “CAP” PROGRAM IS AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMERS WHO ARE ENROLLED IN THE CARE PROGRAM THROUGH PG&E OR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA GAS. Customers must provide a copy of their most recent PG&E or Gas Company bill showing they are enrolled in the CARE program, and a copy of their picture ID or license. The CAP program must be renewed every 2 years before the end of the Fiscal Year, which is in June. If you have any questions, please contact the Administrative Services Department at (805) 473-4550 x 3.

CA COVID-19 Rent Relief 

If you are an income eligible renter who has experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19 and have past due rent, or you are a landlord who has experienced a loss in income because of unpaid rent, you may be eligible to get financial assistance now through the CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program  (en Español)   
Please note:  Eligible renters can also receive help paying future rent, equal to 25% of their monthly amount to help them stay in their homes, and 100% of up to 12 months of unpaid or future utility bills.

Contact Us

For more information, contact the Administrative Services Department at (805) 473-4550.